INGREDIENTS (Serves 2)
- 1 loaf Italian Bread or French Bread
- 1⁄2 lb Mario’s Thin Sliced Philly Steak
- 1 White Onion (thinly sliced)
- 1 green Bell Pepper (thinly sliced) (optional)
- 2 teaspoons Garlic (minced)
- 1⁄2 lb Provolone Cheese (thinly sliced)
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil (for grilling)
- Salt and Pepper
- Marinara Sauce (optional topping) or Ketchup (optional topping)
Heat a griddle or a large sauté pan over medium-high heat. When hot, cover bottom with olive oil.
Add the onions and bell pepper and cook, stirring, until caramelized, which will take about 6 to 8 minutes.
Add the garlic, salt, and pepper, and cook for about 30 seconds.
Then, push the mixture off to one side of the griddle.
Add the meat to the hot part of the griddle.
Cook, continuously flipping the meat over and slightly chopping the meat into slightly smaller pieces with 2 spatulas, until the meat is not pink, which should take about 2 minutes.
Mix the meat and the caramelized onions and bell pepper together.
Divide into 2 portions, and top both portions of the cheese to melt.
If using Italian or French bread, cut the bread in half, crosswise, and slice lengthwise to open for the 2 sandwiches.
Hollow out some of the soft white bread parts from inside and place face down on top of the meat and cheese.
When the cheese is melted, and with 1 or 2 spatulas, flip the sandwiches over and add a topping, such as marinara sauce or ketchup, if desired, and serve immediately.