Mario’s Meat Market & Deli Recipe Contest Terms and Conditions
MARIO’S MEAT MARKET & DELI RECIPE CONTEST OFFICIAL RULES. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. MAKING A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
- HOW TO ENTER and HOW TO WIN: The ” MARIO’S MEAT MARKET & DELI RECIPE CONTEST” entry period begins November 1, 2019, and ends on December 15, 2019, at 12 a.m. ET (“Contest Entry Period”). For purposes of this contest, all times refer to Eastern Time (“ET”). To enter for your chance to win, go to MariosMeatMarket.com, and follow the instructions to upload your recipe and photo to the selected category during the Contest Entry Period. To be eligible, recipe and photo submissions must meet the following criteria: (1) Recipe and photo(s) must be deemed family-friendly, in the sole discretion of Mario’s Meat Market & Deli. (2) You may only contribute recipe and photo (s) that you have taken yourself or that you have all rights to transmit and license and which do not violate trademark, copyright, privacy or any other rights of any other person. (3) By entering, you grant permission for Mario’s Meat Market & Deli to receive and display the recipe and photo (s) . (4) You warrant that you have permission from any and all persons (or, if a minor, his/her parent/guardian) appearing in your recipe and photo (s) for you to make the submission and grant the rights described herein. (5) Submissions must not contain any defamatory, obscene, irrelevant, or otherwise unlawful matter or depict any illegal, immoral or lewd act, any violent or pornographic material, or any material that could give rise to any civil or criminal liability under applicable law or regulations or any other inappropriate content such as illegal drug use, nudity or hate speech and will not reflect adversely on Sponsor. Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any Submission it deems inappropriate. (6) You may not upload any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or mariosmeatmarket.com. (7) By uploading a recipe and photo (s), (a) you grant to Mario’s Meat Market & Delia perpetual, non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free license to use, copy, print, display, reproduce, modify, publish, post, transmit and distribute the recipe and photo (s) and any material included in such recipe and photo (s) on the Internet, on television, and in, on, or through all other media; and (b) you certify that any person appearing in the submitted recipe and photo (s) (or, if a minor, his/her parent/guardian) authorizes Mario’s Meat Market & Deli to use, copy, print, display, reproduce, modify, publish, post, transmit and distribute (“Use”) the recipe and photo (s) and any material included in such recipe and photo (s) on the Internet, on television, and in, on, or through all other media; and (c) you agree to indemnify Mario’s Meat Market & Deli’s directors, officers and employees and hold them harmless from any and all claims and expenses, including attorneys’ fees, arising from use of the recipe and photo (s) and/or your failure to comply with these rules. Limit five (5) entries per person during the Contest Entry Period. Entries in excess of the stated limit will be rejected or disqualified and are not eligible entries. Entries become the property of Mario’s Meat Market & Deli and will not be returned. Incomplete entries are void. Entries generated by any automated means that are detected as such are void. Entries must be received by 12 p.m. ET on December 15, 2019. On or soon after December 16, 2019, three (3) winning entry will be determined from all recipe and photo (s) submissions, and the people who submitted the recipe entry that received the most votes via the Mario’s Meat Market & Deli rating system will be determined the winners, subject to verification. The category that contains the grand prize winner will not have a runner-up prize awarded. Winner will be notified by email, or by other means, on or soon after December 16, 2019, based on the contact information provided in the entry. If a winner does not respond to Sponsor’s notification of winning by 5 pm, December 16, 2019, that winner is subject to disqualification and forfeiture of prize in which case the owner of the recipe and photo(s) that received the 2nd greatest amount of votes will be deemed the winner, time permitting. Prize must be claimed and releases and other paperwork must be executed and provided by January 1, 2020. By entering, you agree to comply with all applicable law and these rules, and you agree to abide by all decisions of Mario’s Meat Market & Deli. In the event of a dispute over who submitted an entry, electronic entries will be deemed to have been submitted by the authorized account holder of the email address referenced in the entry. The authorized account holder is the person to whom the applicable internet service provider or other organization (such as a business or educational institution) has assigned the email address at the time of entry.
- ELIGIBILITY: This Recipe and photo Contest is only open to legal U.S. residents who are twenty-one (21) years of age or older as of the date of entry. Internet access is necessary in order to enter. There is no fee associated with registration. Employees of Mario’s Meat Market & Deli, those involved in the development, production, implementation and distribution of this recipe and photo contest, their advertising or promotion agencies, parent companies, agents, officers, directors, subsidiaries or affiliates, service providers, any other persons or entities directly associated with this recipe and photo contest, members of their immediate families (defined as parents, children, siblings, spouses, -in-laws), and/or persons living in the same households as such persons (whether related or not) are ineligible to participate in the contest.
- PRIZES and ODDS OF WINNING: Odds of winning the prize depend on the number of entries in the category. The Grand Prize Winner will be offered one (1) Mario’s Meat Market & Deli gift card valued in $150, second place winner will receive one (1) Mario’s Meat Market & Deli gift card valued in $100, third place winner will receive one(1) Mario’s Meat Market & Deli gift card valued in $50. The gift certificates will expire and must be used in its entirety by January 31, 2020. Prize components may not be sold, traded, or transferred by winners, or refunded. Winner is responsible for all other costs and incidentals. MARIO’S MEAT MARKET & DELIASSUMES NO RESPONSIBILITY OR LIABILITY FOR DAMAGES, LOSSES, OR INJURY, INCLUDING DEATH OR BODILY INJURY, RESULTING FROM ACCEPTANCE OR USE OR MISUSE OF PRIZE OR PARTICIPATION IN ANY RECIPE AND PHOTO CONTEST-RELATED OR PRIZE-RELATED ACTIVITY. AS A CONDITION OF WINNER’S ACCEPTANCE OF THE PRIZE, CONTEST ENTITIES, THEIR PARENT, RELATED, AFFILIATED AND SUBSIDIARY COMPANIES AND THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS AGENTS, EMPLOYEES AND ASSIGNS SHALL BE RELEASED AND DISCHARGED FROM ANY AND ALL LEGAL CLAIMS, LOSSES, INJURIES, DEMANDS, DAMAGES, ACTIONS, AND/OR CAUSES OF ACTIONS THAT ARISE OUT OF AND/OR IN ANY WAY RELATED TO THE PRIZE, THE RECEIPT, USE, MISUSE, AND/OR ENJOYMENT OF THE PRIZE AND/OR THE RECIPE CONTEST. All taxes related to the prize, including income taxes, are the responsibility of the individual winner. Any depiction of prize is for illustrative purposes only. All dates and times are subject to change in the event of a rescheduling of prize events, human error, technical issues affecting Mario’s Meat market & Deli website, entry process, or selection process.
- CLAIMING PRIZE: Winner may be required to complete an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability and Publicity Release when claiming prize. Only the actual winner may claim the prize certificate, and prize is non-transferable by winner. Prize certificate will be mailed to winner (s) within 10 business days of notification. Failure to timely claim prize may result in the forfeiture of the unclaimed prize, and any such prize will remain the property of Sponsors and/or prize supplier.
- PUBLICITY RELEASE: Except where prohibited, entry in the MARIO’S MEAT MARKET & DELI RECIPE CONTEST constitutes each entrant’s consent for Mario’s Meat Market & Deli to use, publish, reproduce, and distribute for any purpose, including publicity, promotion and advertising, in any media (including without limitation, print, internet, television, radio, and offline), each winner’s name, city, recipe and photograph, likeness, biographical information, voice, or image, each in perpetuity without further compensation, credit, or right of review or approval.
- TERMS AND CONDITIONS; LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: Participants are responsible for complying with all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations and with these official rules and by entering, participants agree to be bound by these official rules. Any attempt by an entrant or other party to tamper with the proper administration of the Recipe and Photo Contest will disqualify the entrant and may result in civil or criminal action against the entrant or other party and may result in the discontinuation, suspension, or cancellation of the Recipe and photo Contest. WINNER AND ENTRANTS AGREE, EXCEPT WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW, TO RELEASE AND DISCHARGE, HOLD HARMLESS AND INDEMNIFY THE RECIPE AND PHOTO CONTEST ENTITIES, AND ALL OTHERS ASSOCIATED WITH THE DEVELOPMENT AND EXECUTION OF THIS RECIPE AND PHOTO CONTEST, FROM ANY AND ALL TAX LIABILITY THAT MAY BE IMPOSED OR ASSOCIATED WITH RECEIPT OR USE OF THE PRIZES, AND FROM AND AGAINST ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, ACTIONS, PROCEEDINGS, AND LIABILITY FOR ANY DAMAGES, EXPENSES, FEES, INJURY, OR LOSSES (INCLUDING PROPERTY DAMAGE, PERSONAL INJURY, OR DEATH) SUSTAINED IN CONNECTION WITH THE RECEIPT, OWNERSHIP, OR USE OF THE PRIZE OR WHILE TRAVELING TO, PREPARING FOR, OR PARTICIPATING IN ANY RECIPE AND PHOTO CONTEST-RELATED OR PRIZE-RELATED ACTIVITY. Mario’s Meat Market & Deli and advertising partners are not responsible for any printing, typographical, mechanical, or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of the recipe and photo contest, or in the announcement of the prize. Winner’s guest(s), if applicable, may be required to execute a liability and publicity release prior to the winner’s receipt of the prize. Mario’s Meat Market & Deli retains the discretion to make all decisions regarding the interpretation and application of these official rules. In the event the selected winner(s) of the prize are/is ineligible or refuse(s) the prize, or if the selected winner fails to timely claim the prize, the prize will be forfeited and a new winner will be determined based on the recipe and photo with the 2nd greatest amount of votes (time permitting), or Mario’s Meat Market & Deli may elect not to award such prize to an alternate winner, where permitted. For prizes valued at $600 or greater, winner must provide his or her social security number for tax purposes. Prizes may be considered income, and any and all taxes associated with prizes are the responsibility of the winner.
- FORCE MAJEURE, DISCLAIMER/INTERNET: If for any reason, the Recipe and Photo Contest is not capable of running as planned for any reason, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering and unauthorized intervention, human error, fraud, technical failures, acts of God, war, terrorism, government regulation, disaster, fire, strikes, civil disorder, or any other causes beyond the control of Mario’s Meat Market & Deli which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or integrity of the Recipe and photo Contest, the Mario’s Meat Market & Deli reserves the right, in their discretion, to disqualify any individual it believes has tampered with the entry process and/or cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Recipe and Photo Contest and to select winner from eligible entries received as of the termination date. Mario’s Meat Market & Deli may prohibit an entrant from participating in the Recipe and Photo Contest if they determine that said entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Recipe and Photo Contest by cheating, hacking, deception, or other unfair playing practices, or intending to abuse, threaten, or harass other entrants. Caution: Any attempt by a participant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Recipe and photo Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, Mario’s Meat Market & Deli reserves the right to seek damages from any such participant to the fullest extent of the law. The Recipe and Photo Contest Entities (i) assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in acquisition, operation, or transmission of communications, line failure relating to theft, or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of entries; (ii) are not responsible for any problems relating to, or technical malfunction of, any communications network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, or communications service provider, computer or other equipment, hardware, software, failure of any entry information to be received by Mario’s Meat Market & Deli on account of technical problems, human error, or traffic congestion of any communications system on the internet, or at any website, or (iii) any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to the participant’s or any other person’s computer or other device related to, or resulting from, participation or downloading of any materials in this Contest. MARIO’S MEAT MARKET & DELI MAKES NO WARRANTY, GUARANTEE, OR REPRESENTATION OF ANY KIND CONCERNING ANY PRIZE, AND THE MARIO’S MEAT MARKET & DELI SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMS ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, WARRANTY OF FITNESS, AND ANY OTHER IMPLIED WARRANTY.