Steak & Bacon Shish Kebabs
INGREDIENTS (4-6 Servings)
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 2 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 3 tbsp steak sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- Kosher salt, to taste
- 1 1/2 lbs. New York strip steak, cut into 1 1/2-inch cubes
- 6 slices of bacon, cut into 1-inch squares
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into 1-inch squares
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch squares
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cut into 1-inch squares
- 1 red onion, cut into wedges
- 1 yellow squash, cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices
- 1 zucchini, cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices
Combine the marinade ingredients in a bowl and add the New York strip steak. Cover and chill in the fridge for at least 30 minutes, preferably several hours or even overnight.
If using bamboo skewers, soak them in water for at least 30 minutes before grilling. This will help prevent them from burning.
Preheat the grill to medium-high heat.
Thread the steak, bacon, and vegetables onto bamboo skewers. Season with salt and pepper.
Place the skewers on the grill and cook, with lid lowered.
For rare, grill for 1-2 minutes on each side. Medium rare, 2-3 minutes on each side. Medium, 3-4 minutes on each side.
Remove from the heat to aluminum foil, wrap and allow the Steak & Bacon Shish Kebabs to rest for 2 to 3 minutes before serving.