Bacon-Wrapped Dates Ingredients (16 Servings, 2 Dates per Serving)
- 16 bacon slices, regular cut
- 32 dates
- 8 oz. goat cheese
- 32 wooden toothpicks
- 1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Slice the dates lengthwise on one side to create an opening.
- Remove the pit from each date.
- Using a spoon, stuff a small amount of goat cheese into the cavity of each date.
- Press the sides of the dates together to close them.
- Cut the 16 bacon slices in half to make 32 slices total.
- Wrap each date with a slice of bacon and secure with a wooden toothpick.
- Grease a large baking sheet with the extra virgin olive oil.
- Arrange the bacon-wrapped dates evenly on the greased baking sheet with the toothpicks pointing upwards.
- Bake the bacon-wrapped dates for 10 minutes.
- Remove the dates from the oven and turn each one, so the toothpicks are laying on their side. Bake for another 5-8 minutes, until the bacon is browned to your liking.
- Remove the dates from the oven and turn them to the other side and bake for another 5-8 minutes.
- Remove the bacon-wrapped dates from the oven and place them on a paper towel-lined plate to remove excess oil.
- Let them cool for 5 minutes before serving.
Cooking Tip: Thinner bacon is easier to use than thicker bacon!
Want to see if any of your ingredients are on sale at Mario’s Meat Market and Italian Deli this week? Click here to check our Weekly Specials!
Don’t feel like cooking tonight? Mario’s is not just a meat market. We have an extensive deli and hot bar menu as well! Choose from delicious, hand-made Italian deli specialties that are sure to delight your taste buds, making you come back again and again. Browse our deli menu here!