Italian Spaghetti Squash Boats Chicken Sausage
Ingredients (4 Servings)
- 2 medium-sized spaghetti squash
- 1 pound of Italian chicken sausage
- 2 cups of prepared marinara sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- Preheat the oven to 375 F.
- Slice off the end of the squash and stand the squash upright on the newly created flat end. Use your knife to slice the squash in half.
- Use a spoon to scoop out seeds and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Place the halves upside down in baking dish and add 1 inch of water.
- Bake until squash is tender, about 40 minutes or so.
- Remove the squash’s flesh with a fork, and keep the shells.
- Remove the chicken sausage casings.
- Preheat olive oil in a large pan and place the chicken sausages in the pan. Use a spatula to break up the meat and cook for 5-7 minutes.
- Add the marinara sauce, the spaghetti squash, salt and pepper to taste, and stir to combine.
- Cook for 3-5 minutes and stir occasionally.
- Preheat the broiler. Divide the spaghetti squash mixture between the four spaghetti squash shells and sprinkle cheese.
- Broil the boats for 3-5 minutes, until cheese is melted and browned.
- Sprinkle with parsley and serve.
Want to see if any of your ingredients are on sale at Mario’s Meat Market and Italian Deli this week? Click here to check our Weekly Specials!
Don’t feel like cooking tonight? Mario’s is not just a meat market. We have an extensive deli and hot bar menu as well! Choose from delicious, hand-made Italian deli specialties that are sure to delight your taste buds, making you come back again and again. Browse our deli menu here!