Blueberry Ricotta Pancakes
Blueberry Ricotta Pancakes Ingredients (6 Servings)
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp. vanilla extract
- Butter or cooking spray; for the griddle
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- Maple syrup; optional for serving
- In a large bowl, whisk the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Take two small bowls and separate the egg yolks from the egg whites.
- In another large bowl, whisk the egg yolks with the milk, ricotta cheese, sugar, and vanilla extract.
- Combine the two large bowls and whisk until a smooth batter is formed.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the egg whites at medium speed until they are frothy.
- Beat the egg whites at high speed until soft peaks form.
- Fold the egg whites into the batter until well combined.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat, then lightly butter it.
- Ladle about a ¼ cup of batter for each pancake onto the griddle.
- Cook the pancakes until the bottoms are golden, and the pancakes are beginning to set; about two minutes.
- Sprinkle each pancake with a few blueberries and press them in lightly.
- Flip the pancakes and cook until golden on the bottom and cooked through; about 1 minute.
- Transfer the pancakes to a large plate while you make the remaining pancakes.
- Serve the pancakes with maple syrup if you desire.
Auguriamo un buon pranzo!
Want to see if any of your ingredients are on sale at Mario’s Meat Market and Italian Deli this week? Click here to check our Weekly Specials!
Don’t feel like cooking tonight? Mario’s is not just a meat market. We have an extensive deli and hot bar menu as well! Choose from delicious, hand-made Italian deli specialties that are sure to delight your taste buds, making you come back again and again. Browse our deli menu here!