Cheddar Scalloped Potatoes
Cheddar Scalloped Potatoes (6 Servings)
- 4 lbs. potatoes, thin sliced
- 1/2 cups yellow onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tbsp. butter
- 3 tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Melt the butter in a large pot over medium-high heat.
- Add the flour and whisk until the ingredients are smooth and well combined.
- Let the ingredients simmer, continually whisking, for around 2 minutes.
- Add the chopped onions and minced garlic and stir to combine.
- Add the milk, cream, and salt and whisk until smooth.
- Bring all the ingredients to a simmer and whisk until thickened.
- Whisk in the cheddar and half of the Parmesan cheese.
- Continue whisking until all of the ingredients are well combined and melted.
- Stir in the potatoes.
- Pour the potato mixture into a large casserole dish.
- Sprinkle the top of the potato mixture with the remaining Parmesan cheese.
- Cover the casserole dish with foil and bake for 1 hour or until the potatoes are soft.
- Remove the foil and continue to bake for another 20 minutes or until the top of the cheddar scalloped potatoes are lightly browned.
- Let the cheddar scalloped potatoes sit for 5 minutes before serving.
Want to see if any of your ingredients are on sale at Mario’s Meat Market and Italian Deli this week? Click here to check our Weekly Specials!
Don’t feel like cooking? Mario’s is not just a meat market. We have an extensive deli menu as well! Choose from delicious, hand-made Italian deli specialties that are sure to delight your taste buds, making you come back again and again. Browse our deli menu here!