This hearty one-pot meal combines chicken breast, tomatoes, olives and roasted peppers over a bed of long fusilli.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
INGREDIENTS (Serves 4-6)
- 5 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 cup White Onion, diced
- 2 tbsp Minced Garlic
- ½ tsp Chicken Breasts, cubed
- 1 cup Green Peppers, diced
- Fine Sicilian Sea Salt, to taste
- Ground Black Pepper, to taste
- 1 can Lower Sodium Chicken Broth (14.5 fl oz)
- 1 can Petite Diced Tomatoes (28 oz)
- 1 can Pitted Green Olives (6 oz), drained and chopped
- 1 jar Red Yellow Roasted Peppers (12 oz), drained and chopped
- 1 lb Long Fusilli Pasta
Heat the olive oil in a frying pan over medium heat and sauté the onions for 2 minutes.
Add the garlic and sauté for an additional minute.
Then, add the chicken, green peppers, salt and black pepper, and sauté for 4 minutes.
Pour in the chicken broth and raise the heat, bringing the mixture to a boil.
Once boiling, add the diced tomatoes and lower the heat, then cover and let simmer for 15 minutes.
Add the olives and roasted peppers, then simmer for 5 additional minutes.
Meanwhile, cook the pasta according to the package instructions and drain.
Pour the pasta into a serving dish and top with the chicken and vegetable mixture.