Oh, so, Delicioso! A quick and easy summer dish using shrimp and Datterini tomatoes over cappelini.
Serves 4 – 6
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook time: 10 Minutes
- 1 package Capellini pasta (1 lb)
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1/2 lb Shrimp, peeled or deveined
- 1 Zucchini, diced
- 1 can Datterini Tomatoes (14 oz)
- 1 tsp Minced Garlic
- 1/2 tsp Crushed Red Pepper
- 1/4 tsp Fine Sicilian Sea Salt
- 1/4 cup Fresh Parsley, chopped
- Prepare pasta according to packaging.
- In a medium saucepan, heat oil over medium heat.
- Sauté shrimp, add salt, garlic, and red pepper, for 2-3 minutes.
- Remove shrimp from pan and set aside.
- In the same saucepan, sauté zucchini for 4-5 minutes.
- Add back in the shrimp and Datterini tomatoes.
- Cook for an additional 4 minutes, crush tomatoes, if desired.
- Add pasta to sauce and toss until coated. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Plate, and garnish with parsley.
Don’t feel like cooking? Mario’s is not just a meat market. We have an extensive deli and hot bar menu, and breakfast food items, as well! Choose from delicious, hand-made Italian deli specialties that are sure to delight your taste buds, making you come back again and again. Browse our deli menu here!