A comfort-food classic, Italian Meatloaf is sure to become a favorite in your house. This meatloaf mixture combines lean beef with flavored bread crumbs and is topped with Italian tomato sauce.
Prep time 40 Min | Cook Time 1 Hr, 20 Min | Serves 6
- 2 lb Extra Lean Ground Round
- 1/2 cup White Onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup Seasoned Bread Crumbs
- 1 tsp Fine Sicilian Sea Salt
- 1/4 tsp Ground Black Pepper
- 1 Egg
- 1 can Italian Tomato Sauce (15 oz), reserve 7 oz for topping
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- Preheat oven to 375˚F.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and lightly oil.
- In a medium bowl, combine all ingredients except meat until well mixed.
- Add meat and blend well.
- Mold meat mixture into a loaf.
- Place meat onto lined baking sheet and bake for 45 minutes.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake an additional 10 minutes.
- Spread remaining sauce over top of loaf and bake until meat thermometer reads 160-165˚F.
- Let stand 5 minutes before slicing.