Limoncello Cheesecake (8 Servings)
Allow 6-8 hours to refrigerate before enjoying
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 6 tbsp. melted butter
- 3 tbsp. grated lemon zest, divided
- 1 ½ cups ricotta cheese
- 2 8 oz. cream cheese packages, room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup Lina’s Crema di Limoncello
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
Lemon Curd Topping Ingredients
- ½ cup fresh lemon juice
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tbsp. butter
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Lightly grease the bottom and sides of a 9-inch springform pan.
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix the graham cracker crumbs, melted butter, and 1 tbsp. of the lemon zest.
- Press the crumb mixture on the bottom of the springform pan evenly.
- Bake the crust until it is a golden brown, about 15 minutes.
- Pull the crust out of the oven and set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, beat the ricotta cheese with an electric mixer on medium speed until it is creamy.
- Add the cream cheese and granulated sugar, continuing to beat until it is a smooth consistency.
- Then add the Crema di Limoncello, vanilla extract, and remaining lemon zest to the mixture, and beat until well combined.
- Add the eggs, one at a time until the cheesecake mixture is uniform and has thickened.
- Pour the cheesecake mixture over the crust in the springform pan, and place the pan into a larger roasting pan.
- Pour enough hot water into the roasting pan until it comes halfway up the sides of the springform pan.
- Bake the cheesecake until it is a golden color and the center still has a little wobble, around an hour.
- Take the cake out of the oven and let it sit until it cools to room temperature.
- To make the lemon curd topping, whisk together the lemon juice, sugar and eggs until they are well combined.
- Pour the mixture into a small saucepan over low heat, whisking continually until the curd has thickened, around 5 minutes.
- Take the saucepan off the heat and whisk in the butter until the curd is smooth.
- Pour the curd through a fine strainer over the cheesecake.
- Refrigerate the cheesecake for about 6 to 8 hours before slicing and serving.
Want to see if any of your ingredients are on sale at Mario’s Meat Market and Italian Deli this week? Click here to check our Weekly Specials!
Don’t feel like cooking tonight? Mario’s is not just a meat market. We have an extensive deli and hot bar menu as well! Choose from delicious, hand-made Italian deli specialties that are sure to delight your taste buds, making you come back again and again. Browse our deli menu here!