Parmesan Broccoli Orecchiette
Parmesan Broccoli Orecchiette (4 Servings)
- 8 oz. orecchiette pasta
- 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil, separated
- 1 broccoli bunch, about 1 ½ lbs.
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Parmesan cheese, to taste
- Sea salt, to taste
- Fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- Over medium-high heat, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Add the orecchiette pasta, occasionally stirring to keep the pasta from sticking.
- Cook the orecchiette pasta until it is al dente; about 8 minutes.
- Drain the pasta into a strainer, reserving a 1/2 cup of the water you used to boil the pasta.
- Set the pasta aside.
- Peel and trim the broccoli before roughly chopping the stalks and florets; set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat a tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil over medium heat.
- Add the minced garlic, continually stirring to keep it from burning.
- Sauté the garlic until it is golden; about 2 minutes.
- Add the broccoli and reserved pasta water to the skillet and continue cooking until the broccoli is tender and bright green; about 3 minutes.
- Add the sea salt, and season with fresh ground pepper.
- Remove the skillet from the heat.
- Add the orecchiette pasta to the skillet and toss the ingredients in the remaining tablespoon of olive oil until well combined.
- Transfer the Broccoli Orecchiette to their serving bowls and garnish each with the grated Parmesan cheese before serving.
Want to see if any of your ingredients are on sale at Mario’s Meat Market and Italian Deli this week? Click here to check our Weekly Specials!
Don’t feel like cooking tonight? Mario’s is not just a meat market. We have an extensive deli and hot bar menu as well! Choose from delicious, hand-made Italian deli specialties that are sure to delight your taste buds, making you come back again and again. Browse our deli menu here!