Baked Ground Beef and Cheese Penne
Baked Ground Beef and Cheese Penne (6 Servings)
- 8 oz. penne pasta
- 1 ½ tbsp. olive oil
- 1 lb. ground chuck
- ½ cup onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 14.5 oz. can diced tomatoes, undrained
- ½ tsp. basil, dried
- 1 cup Cento all-purpose pasta sauce
- ½ tsp. oregano, dried
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Sea salt, to taste
- Fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- Heat the oven to 350 F and lightly oil a large casserole dish.
- Following its package directions, cook the penne pasta in salted boiling water.
- Drain the pasta in a strainer and set it aside.
- In the meantime…
- Drizzle the olive oil into a large skillet and place it over medium heat.
- When the oil is hot, add the ground chuck, chopped onion, and green bell pepper.
- Cook, stirring the ingredients until the onion is tender and the beef is no longer pink.
- Drain off the excess fat and then add the diced tomatoes, sauce, basil, oregano, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Bring to a simmer.
- Add the cooked penne pasta and half of the mozzarella cheese, stirring until well combined.
- Transfer the mixture to the prepared casserole dish.
- Top the casserole with the remaining mozzarella cheese.
- Cover the Ground Beef and Cheese Penne with tin foil and bake until it is hot and bubbly; for around 25 to 30 minutes.
- Uncover the casserole dish and continue baking for another 5 minutes or until the cheese begins to crisp.
- Remove the Baked Ground Beef and Cheese Penne from the oven and let it cool before plating and serving.
Want to see if any of your ingredients are on sale at Mario’s Meat Market and Italian Deli this week? Click here to check our Weekly Specials!
Don’t feel like cooking? Mario’s is not just a meat market. We have an extensive deli menu as well! Choose from delicious, hand-made Italian deli specialties that are sure to delight your taste buds, making you come back again and again. Browse our deli menu here!