INGREDIENTS (Serves 4)
- 3 lb Mario’s Boneless Country-Style Pork Ribs
- 2 cans San Marzano Tomatoes (28 oz), hand crushed
- 1 cup Dry Red Wine
- 1 pkg. Rigatoni (17.6 oz)
- ¼ cup Olive Oil
- 1 large Yellow Onion, chopped (approx. 2 cups)
- 3 tbsp. Garlic, minced
- 4 tbsp Fresh Parsley, chopped
- ¼ tsp. Crushed Red Pepper
- Grated Parmesan Cheese, to taste
- Fine Sicilian Sea Salt, to taste
- Ground Black Pepper, to taste
Heat oil in a sauce pot over medium-high heat.
Brown ribs in oil, about 3-4 minutes per side, making sure not to crowd the pan. Once browned, remove from heat.
Add onions, garlic, 2 tablespoons parsley, crushed red pepper, salt and pepper to the pan and sauté until onions are translucent.
Place ribs back in the pan and stir for 1 1/2 minutes to flavor meat with onions. Deglaze with red wine and sauté another 1 1/2 minutes. Pour in tomatoes, bringing the mixture to a boil, then reduce heat to medium-low, cover and cook for 2 hours, stirring occasionally.
Add remaining parsley to the sauce before removing from heat. Cook pasta according to package directions. To plate, top pasta with sauce, ribs, and freshly grated parmesan cheese, if desired.