INGREDIENTS (Serves 4-6)
- 6 Mario’s Center-Cut Bone-In Pork Chops, 2 inches thick
- 2 Fennel Bulbs, with fronds, thinly sliced
- 2 Large Shallots, thinly sliced
- 1 can Diced Tomatoes (28 oz)
- 1/2 cup Fresh Parsley, chopped
- 1/2 cup Dry White Wine
- 1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tbsp. Capers, drained
- 1 tbsp. zested Lemon
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
Heat oil in a large skillet over high heat. Season pork chops with salt and pepper, add to skillet and cook 4 minutes on each side or until browned. Remove from pan, cover and set aside.
Without draining the skillet, add fennel, shallots and 1/3 cup of parsley and simmer over medium heat.
Allow vegetables to brown slightly, about 5 minutes. Add wine and scrape the bottom of the skillet. Add tomatoes, with their juices, and blend well.
Place pork back into the pan, submerging in vegetable mixture, and let simmer over medium heat until fennel becomes tender and pork is thoroughly cooked, about 12-15 minutes.
Leaving vegetable mixture in skillet, remove pork and place on a serving dish. Add lemon zest, remaining parsley, capers, salt, and pepper to taste.
Stir to combine, then pour over pork.