Chicken Alla Vodka and Farfalle
Chicken Alla Vodka and Farfalle (4 Servings)
- 1 lb. chicken breast, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 cups, frozen peas
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ½ cup vodka
- 1 lb. farfalle pasta
- 1 yellow onion, finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 28 oz. can crushed tomatoes
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 tsp. dried basil
- ¼ cup Parmigiano, grated
- Sea salt, to taste
- Fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- In a large skillet, add 2 tbsp. of the extra virgin olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Add the chicken, seasoning it with salt and pepper, and sauté it until the chicken browns; around 2 minutes.
- Remove the chicken to a plate and set aside.
- Lower the stove to medium heat.
- In the same skillet, sauté the chopped onion in the remaining 2 tbsp. of the extra virgin olive oil for about 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add the minced garlic and continue cooking for another minute or so.
- Add the vodka and cook until it’s reduced by half.
- Add the crushed tomatoes, frozen peas, garlic powder, onion powder, basil, and oregano.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low and continue to cook with the skillet partially covered for 40 minutes, stirring frequently.
- In the meantime…
- Fill a large pot with water, adding a generous sprinkle of salt, and bring it to a boil.
- Add the farfalle pasta to the boiling water and cook according to the package instructions.
- Drain the pasta and set it aside.
- After the 40 minutes, season the sauce in the skillet to taste and add the heavy cream and chicken.
- Turn the heat back up to medium and let it cook uncovered for 6 to 8 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Turn the heat off and add the sauce to the pot of pasta, stirring to combine.
- Plate the Chicken Alla Vodka and Farfalle and top it with grated Parmigiano if desired and serve right away.
Want to see if any of your ingredients are on sale at Mario’s Meat Market and Italian Deli this week? Click here to check our Weekly Specials!
Don’t feel like cooking? Mario’s is not just a meat market. We have an extensive deli menu as well! Choose from delicious, hand-made Italian deli specialties that are sure to delight your taste buds, making you come back again and again. Browse our deli menu here!