Easy Classic Lasagna
Easy Classic Lasagna Ingredients (12 Servings)
- 1/2 lb. ground round
- 1/2 lb. Italian sausage
- 4 cups spaghetti sauce
- 2 eggs
- 2 lbs. ricotta cheese
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. McCormick® parsley flakes
- 1 tsp. Italian Seasoning
- 9 lasagna noodles, uncooked
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Sea salt, to taste
- Fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Over medium heat, brown the ground round, and Italian sausage in a large skillet.
- Drain the excess fat from the skillet.
- Stir 4 cups of spaghetti sauce into meat mixture.
- Beat the eggs in a large bowl.
- Add the ricotta cheese, 1 1/2 cups of the mozzarella cheese, garlic powder, Italian seasoning, parsley, salt, and pepper.
- Mix all the ingredients until they are well combined.
- Grease a 13×9-inch baking dish.
- Spread about 1 cup of the meat sauce onto the bottom of the 13×9-inch baking dish.
- Top the sauce with 3 lasagna noodles.
- Spread half of the cheese mixture over the noodles.
- Repeat the layer of meat sauce, noodles, and cheese.
- Top with a third layer of the remaining noodles and meat sauce.
- Make sure to cover the noodles with sauce completely.
- Sprinkle the lasagna with the remaining 1/2 cup of mozzarella cheese and Parmesan cheese. Cover the lasagna with foil and bake it for 45 minutes.
- Remove the foil and bake until noodles are tender; about 15 minutes longer.
- Remove the lasagna from the oven and let it cool for 15 minutes before cutting and serving.
Auguriamo un buon pranzo!
Want to see if any of your ingredients are on sale at Mario’s Meat Market and Italian Deli this week? Click here to check our Weekly Specials!
Don’t feel like cooking tonight? Mario’s is not just a meat market. We have an extensive deli and hot bar menu as well! Choose from delicious, hand-made Italian deli specialties that are sure to delight your taste buds, making you come back again and again. Browse our deli menu here!