Eggplant Parmesan Ingredients (8 Servings)
- 2 medium eggplants, sliced into 1/2-inch thick rounds
- 1 1/2 cups Cento Seasoned Bread Crumbs
- 2 large eggs
- 1 32 oz. jar Michaels of Brooklyn Fresh Tomato & Basil Sauce
- 2 cups Mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 2/3 cup Parmesan cheese, finely grated
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, chopped
- Cooking spray
- Sea Salt, to taste
- Fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- Sprinkle each sliced eggplant round with a pinch of salt.
- Place the eggplant rounds on clean and dry paper towels for about 30 minutes before rinsing them off.
- This will remove some bitterness from the eggplant.
- Preheat the oven to 425F.
- Prepare two baking sheets with parchment paper and set them aside.
- Place the seasoned breadcrumbs in a shallow, medium-sized bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs until they are smooth.
- Dip an eggplant round on both sides in the whisked egg mixture, then immediately dip it in the breadcrumb mixture until the eggplant is completely coated.
- Set the breaded eggplant round on a parchment-covered baking sheet.
- Repeat with the remaining eggplant rounds until they are all evenly spaced on the baking sheets.
- Bake the rounds for 20 minutes, flipping once halfway through, until the breadcrumbs are toasted and slightly golden.
- Remove the rounds from the oven and set them aside.
- In a greased 11” x 8” baking pan, spread 1 cup of the tomato sauce evenly.
- Place half of the eggplant rounds in an even layer along the bottom of the baking dish.
- Spread another cup of tomato sauce evenly over the eggplant and sprinkle 1 cup Mozzarella cheese, 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese, and 1/4 cup of the fresh basil. Repeat with another layer of the remaining eggplant, tomato sauce, Mozzarella, Parmesan cheese.
- Bake the Eggplant Parmesan until the cheese is melted and starts to turn slightly golden around the edges, 15-20 minutes.
- Remove the Eggplant Parmesan and sprinkle with the remaining basil.
- Serve immediately.
Auguriamo un buon pranzo!
Want to see if any of your ingredients are on sale at Mario’s Meat Market and Italian Deli this week? Click here to check our Weekly Specials!
Don’t feel like cooking tonight? Mario’s is not just a meat market. We have an extensive deli and hot bar menu as well! Choose from delicious, hand-made Italian deli specialties that are sure to delight your taste buds, making you come back again and again. Browse our deli menu here!