Oh, so, Delicioso! A quartered pizza to celebrate the four seasons of the year, each section featuring fresh ingredients such as mushrooms, artichokes, olives and clams. This pizza has something everyone will enjoy.
Prep Time: 25 Minutes Cook time: 20 Minutes
- 4 1 packet Active Dry Yeast
- 1/2 tsp Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Fine Sicilian Sea Salt
- 3/4 cup Warm Water
- 2 cups Anna TIPO ”00” Flour
- 1 cup Cut Tomatoes
- 2 tbsp Imported Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp Minced Garlic
- 1/4 cup Fresh Parsley, chopped
- 1 can Mushroom Stems Pieces (4 oz), drained and rinsed
- 1 can Whole Baby Clams (10 oz), drained and rinsed
- 1 jar Quartered & Marinated Artichoke Hearts (6 oz), drained
- 1/2 cup Jumbo Pitted Black Olives, drained and halved
- 1 oz Flat Fillets of Anchovies
- 5 Whole Garlic Cloves, thinly sliced
- 1/4 tsp Crushed Red Pepper
- Mix flour and salt together and add to a mixing bowl.
- Create a well in the center and pour water into the well.
- Add the sugar and yeast to the water and mix within water.
- Gradually mix flour into the water in small increments and as the dough begins to form, take it out of the bowl and continue to work it by hand on a floured surface.
- If the dough is too sticky, add flour in small increments until the dough no longer sticks to your hands or the kneading surface.
- Knead the dough thoroughly until it becomes smooth, then place a small amount of extra virgin olive oil on the bottom of a bowl and place the dough into the bowl.
- Cover with plastic wrap, and leave it out until the dough has completely risen, about 15-20 minutes.
- To tell if the dough is fully risen, make a small indentation in the center. If the indentation does not rise, the dough is ready.
- Preheat oven to 450˚F.
- Press dough into an oiled 12-inch pizza pan.
- In a small bowl, mix tomatoes, 1 tablespoon oil, 1/8 cup parsley and minced garlic together, then spread over pizza dough.
- Garnish one quarter of the pizza with mushrooms, one quarter with artichokes, one with olives and anchovies and the last section with clams.
- Top with whole garlic cloves.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the crust is crisp and golden.
- Drizzle with remaining oil and top with crushed red pepper and remaining parsley.
Don’t feel like cooking? Mario’s is not just a meat market. We have an extensive deli and hot bar menu, and breakfast food items, as well! Choose from delicious, hand-made Italian deli specialties that are sure to delight your taste buds, making you come back again and again. Browse our deli menu here!