Oh, so, Delicioso! A quick, simple way to combine tuna, pasta, and tomatoes into a yummy and healthy dish.
Serves 4 – 5
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook time: 45 Minutes
- 4 cups Imported Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 Vidalia Onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 package Anna Linguine (1 lb)
- 1 tbsp Minced Garlic
- 2 cans Organic San Marzano Tomatoes (28 oz)
- 1/4 tsp Ground Black Pepper
- 2 Hot Chili Peppers, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp Fresh Basil Leaves, chopped, optional
- 1/2 cup Romano Cheese, grated
- 2 cans Tuna Fish in Olive Oil (5 oz)
- 1/4 tsp Fine Sicilian Sea Salt
- In a large sauce pot, sauté onion in olive oil and cook until the onion is transparent.
- Add chopped garlic and cook until the garlic turns light brown.
- Add San Marzano Tomatoes and salt and pepper to taste.
- Simmer on medium heat for 30 minutes.
- Add tuna and continue to cook for another 5 minutes.
- Pour tuna marinara over your favorite pasta, cooked al dente.
- Top with fresh chopped basil and Pecorino Romano cheese before serving.
Don’t feel like cooking? Mario’s is not just a meat market. We have an extensive deli and hot bar menu, and breakfast food items, as well! Choose from delicious, hand-made Italian deli specialties that are sure to delight your taste buds, making you come back again and again. Browse our deli menu here!