Enjoy this classic, extra-sweet, breakfast treat topped with powdered sugar, syrup and fresh fruit. Oh, so, Delicioso!
Serves 6 – 8
Prep Time: 25 Mintes
Cook time: 10 Minutes
- 1 Traditional Panettone
- 1 cup Milk
- 8 Eggs
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- Powdered Sugar
- Raspberries, optional
- 2 tbsp Butter
- Slice panettone into 1 inch pieces and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine eggs, milk and cinnamon.
- Whisk until blended and pour into a large, flat dish.
- Soak panettone in egg mixture, flip after 2-3 minutes.
- Cover dish and place into refrigerator for 10-20 minutes, or until panettone has soaked up the egg mixture.
- In a large skillet or griddle, melt butter over medium-high heat.
- Grill panettone slices for 2-3 minutes per side, then flip.
- Plate with powdered sugar, syrup and raspberries, if desired.
Don’t feel like cooking breakfast? Mario’s is not just a meat market. We have an extensive deli and hot bar menu, and breakfast food items, as well! Choose from delicious, hand-made Italian deli specialties that are sure to delight your taste buds, making you come back again and again. Browse our deli menu here!