PASTA ALLA SICILIANA – Italian Recipe
INGREDIENTS (4-6 servings)
- 5 tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1 Whole Garlic Clove, minced
- 1 can Whole Peeled Tomatoes (28oz.) hand crushed
- 1 lb. Eggplant, sliced
- 1 lb. Ziti
- 1 cup Ricotta Salata, coarsely shredded
- Sicilian Sea Salt, to taste
- Ground Black Pepper, to taste
In a large saucepan, heat 2 tablespoons of oil over medium heat. Sauté garlic until fragrant, about 2 minutes. Add hand-crushed tomatoes, with juices, salt, and pepper to taste.
Cover and let simmer for 20 minutes and while sauce simmers, cook ziti according to package directions.
In ½ inch deep frying pan, heat remaining oil. Fry eggplant until tender, about 2-5 minutes, and place on paper towels to remove excess oil.
Add eggplant, ricotta and drained pasta to sauce, mixing well. Transfer to serving dish and serve immediately. Serves 4-6.