INGREDIENTS (Serves 6)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons instant beef bouillon granules
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion, leek, shallot or green onion
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan, Romano or Asiago cheese
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh basil or parsley or 1 teaspoon dried basil or parsley, crushed
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce or steak sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 pounds Mario’s Special Blend, Steak Burgers
- 8 onion buns, hamburger buns or Kaiser rolls, split and toasted
- Condiments, as preferred. (Mustard is a great accompaniment to these burgers.)
Combine egg, water and bouillon granules in a bowl.
Stir in onion, cheese, basil, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder and black pepper.
Add Mario’s Special Blend, Steak Burgers. Add the egg mixture and ground meat. (Ingredients need to be evenly distributed and your hands are the best “tool” to do this, but is important to handle ground meat mixture as little as possible for a more tender, moist burger.)
Shape meat mixture into eight 3/4-inch-thick patties, about 4 inches wide.
Cook patties thoroughly – approximately 14 – 16 minutes. The internal temperature should be 160 degrees. While patties are cooking, toast hamburger buns or Kaiser rolls.
Serve with your choice of condiments. Buon Appetito!