Ground Beef Pie
Ground Beef Pie (6 Servings)
- 1 lb. ground round
- 8 phyllo sheets, thawed
- 5 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 3 tsp. fresh lemon juice
- 3 tbsp. parsley, chopped
- 5 large eggs
- 3 tbsp. milk
- Sea salt, to taste
- Fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Heat 1 tbsp. of the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Cook the chopped onion until translucent, around 4 minutes.
- Add the ground round, cayenne pepper, and lemon juice.
- Season the meat mixture with salt and pepper.
- Cook the meat mixture, continuously stirring, until the beef is browned, around 10 minutes.
- Add the parsley; continuing to cook for 3 more minutes.
- Let the mixture cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, season the eggs with salt and pepper.
- Add the milk to the bowl, and whisk until well combined.
- Combine the egg and beef mixture.
- Lay 1 phyllo sheet on a clean work surface.
- Brush the phyllo sheet lightly with oil.
- Lay another sheet on top and repeat with remaining phyllo sheets and oil, rotating sheets slightly each time.
- Gently place the phyllo sheets in an 8-inch pie plate.
- Fill the pie plate with the meat mixture.
- Fold the phyllo edges over the top of the pie.
- Brush the pie with olive oil and bake at 400 degrees F until it is golden brown and the filling is set, around 20 to 25 minutes.
- Serve the meat pie hot, and sliced into wedges.
Want to see if any of your ingredients are on sale at Mario’s Meat Market and Italian Deli this week? Click here to check our Weekly Specials!
Don’t feel like cooking? Mario’s is not just a meat market. We have an extensive deli menu as well! Choose from delicious, hand-made Italian deli specialties that are sure to delight your taste buds, making you come back again and again. Browse our deli menu here!