Sicilian Pork Milanese Recipe
Mario’s Meat Market Weekly Recipe
Sicilian Pork Milanese Recipe – Thinly pounded pork cutlets, breaded, fried until golden and served over a bed of artichokes, capers, red peppers, cannellini beans and sun-dried tomatoes.
Ingredients (4-6 servings)
- 1 lb fresh Pork Boneless Loin, pounded thin
- Cento Ground Black Pepper, to taste
- Cento Fine Sicilian Sea Salt, to taste
- 4 Eggs
- 2 cups Flour
- 3 cups Flavored Bread Crumbs
- Imported Extra Virgin Olive Oil, for frying
- 1 tsp Nonpareil Capers
- 1 oz Oil Cured Olives, pitted
- 1 tbsp Minced Garlic
- 1 can Artichokes in Brine 5-7 (14 oz), drained and sliced
- 1/2 cup Cannellini Beans, drained
- 5 Sun-dried Tomatoes
- 1 tbsp Cut Roasted Peppers, drained
- Cento Crushed Red Pepper, to taste
- 1 cup Organic Whole Peeled Tomatoes, sliced
- 3/4 cup Low Sodium Chicken Broth
- 1 1/2 tsp Butter
- 1/2 tsp Flat Leaf Parsley, chopped
- Parmigiano Cheese, shaved into curls
Wash pork loin and pat dry. Slice into thin cutlets, approximately 8 pieces, and set aside.
Using a fork, whisk eggs until they are beaten, then place in a bowl and set aside.
Set up a breading station with three bowls: one bowl with flour, one with egg, and one with breadcrumbs. Bread the pork by first coating it in the flour, dipping it in the eggs and then coating with breadcrumbs.
Pour 1/2 cup olive oil into a heated sauté pan over medium heat. Place the breaded pork cutlet into the oil and fry until golden brown on each side, approximately 3 minutes. Remove when pork is fully cooked and set aside.
Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a separate sauté pan over medium heat. Add garlic, sun-dried tomatoes, artichokes, tomatoes, crushed red pepper, roasted peppers, beans, olives, and capers; sauté until tender.
Place pork pieces in a pre-heated oven at 350F for 15 minutes. Add butter and chicken stock to the pan and cook until it creates a sauce.
Pour sauce over pork cutlet and garnish with chopped parsley and cheese.