Oh, so, Delicioso! A hearty gnocchi dish with sausage in a robust red wine and tomato sauce.
Serves 4 – 6
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cook time: 15 Minutes
- 6 Italian Sausage Links
- 3 tbsp Imported Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Red Onion, finely chopped
- 1 tsp Minced Garlic
- 1 jar Cento Traditional Passata (24 oz)
- 2 tsp Fennel Seed
- 1/2 tsp Crushed Red Pepper
- 1/2 cup Dry Red Wine
- 1 lb Potato Gnocchi
- 1 tsp Fresh Parsley, chopped
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large saucepan on medium-high heat, sauté onion and garlic until they become translucent.
- Remove the onion and garlic and set aside.
- Add remaining olive oil to pan and brown sausage links, turning so all sides are equally browned.
- Remove once browned and slice into ½ inch pieces, then return to the pan and toss with red pepper, fennel seeds and toss well.
- Add the sautéed onion and garlic back into the pan, stir in passata and red wine and simmer for 5 minutes or until the sauce thickens.
- Cook gnocchi according to packaging instructions, drain and add to sausage ragu.
- Toss until gnocchi are fully coated and plate with fresh parsley sprinkled on top.
Don’t feel like cooking? Mario’s is not just a meat market. We have an extensive deli and hot bar menu, and breakfast food items, as well! Choose from delicious, hand-made Italian deli specialties that are sure to delight your taste buds, making you come back again and again. Browse our deli menu here!