Prosciutto-Wrapped Pork Tenderloin with Goat Cheese
Prosciutto-Wrapped Pork Tenderloin with Goat Cheese Ingredients (6 Servings)
- 2 1 lb. pork tenderloins, trimmed
- 2 tsp. fresh sage, finely chopped
- 1 tsp. fresh ground pepper
- 2 tsp. fresh garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 12 thin slices prosciutto
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 2 cups goat cheese
- 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- Kitchen twine
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Combine the sage, garlic, rosemary, salt, and pepper in a small bowl and set it aside.
- Slice one tenderloin lengthwise three-fourths of the way through.
- Open the sliced tenderloin like a book and cover it with plastic wrap.
- Flatten the tenderloin with a mallet until it is ½ inch thick.
- Remove the plastic and sprinkle pork with salt and pepper.
- Place five 10-inch pieces of kitchen twine side by side on a foil-lined baking sheet.
- Put the prosciutto, slightly overlapping slices crosswise, on top of the twine.
- Place the pork tenderloin on top of the prosciutto and place half of the goat cheese in the center lengthwise.
- Roll the pork into a cylinder, tying to seal the filling inside.
- Repeat with remaining tenderloin and ingredients.
- Lightly brush the tenderloins all over with the extra-virgin olive oil, then rub with the reserved herb mixture.
- Roast the pork tenderloin until a thermometer registers 140F to 145F; about 30 minutes.
- Remove the tenderloin from the oven and transfer it to a cutting board.
- Let the tenderloin cool before cutting it into ½-inch slices and serving.
Auguriamo un buon pranzo!
Want to see if any of your ingredients are on sale at Mario’s Meat Market and Italian Deli this week? Click here to check our Weekly Specials!
Don’t feel like cooking tonight? Mario’s is not just a meat market. We have an extensive deli and hot bar menu as well! Choose from delicious, hand-made Italian deli specialties that are sure to delight your taste buds, making you come back again and again. Browse our deli menu here!