Savory Pot Roast
Savory Pot Roast Ingredients (8 Servings)
- 1 4 lb. boneless chuck roast
- 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups red wine
- 1 lb. baby carrots
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 2 white onions, chopped
- 1 lb. baby Dutch yellow potatoes, cut in half
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- Sea salt, to taste
- Fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- On the stovetop, get a large oven-safe Dutch oven pot heating over high heat.
- Season both sides of the chuck roast with salt and pepper.
- Add the olive oil to the Dutch oven pot and sear the chuck roast until it is browned; about 3 to 4 minutes per side.
- Remove the chuck roast from the pan and set it aside.
- Add the minced garlic to the pot and sauté it for 1 minute.
- Deglaze the pan with the red wine and beef broth.
- Add the chuck roast back to the pot.
- Pour the Worcestershire sauce over roast.
- Place the onion, carrot, and potato chunks on top of and around the meat.
- Put the rosemary sprig on top of the roast.
- Place the lid on the Dutch oven pan and transfer it to the preheated oven.
- Cook the roast for 3 hours, or until meat reaches an internal temperature of 202 F and shreds easily with a fork.
- Season the vegetables with additional salt and pepper to taste.
- Plate the Savory Pot Roast with the vegetables and serve hot.
Auguriamo un buon pranzo!
Want to see if any of your ingredients are on sale at Mario’s Meat Market and Italian Deli this week? Click here to check our Weekly Specials!
Don’t feel like cooking tonight? Mario’s is not just a meat market. We have an extensive deli and hot bar menu as well! Choose from delicious, hand-made Italian deli specialties that are sure to delight your taste buds, making you come back again and again. Browse our deli menu here!